top of page


Welcome to Sound Clinical Medicine, an independently run family practice that delivers high-grade, comprehensive, and empathetic primary care to individuals and families across the South Sound region. We take pride in being the healthcare anchor for our community under the professional care of Miyong Kim, Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP), and Julia Cathcart-Chang, Physician’s Assistant (PA-C), who serves patients five days a week.

Our service offerings are extensive, encompassing almost all aspects of primary care, save for the delivery and care of babies and toddlers. Sound Clinical Medicine is equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic testing technology, complemented by solid partnerships with local imaging and diagnostic centers known for their high-quality, affordable imaging results, such as CTs and MRIs. Our core mission is to achieve 'diagnostic certainty' swiftly and economically, ensuring the best possible care for our patients.

At Sound Clinical Medicine, we're competent in handling 90% of typical medical concerns, while for the remaining 10% of disease states requiring special attention, we provide curated referrals. We're proud to offer our patients an autonomous alternative to larger hospital or clinic networks, allowing us to serve their best interests solely and unconditionally. Our referrals are based solely on the belief that a particular specialist will provide the highest level of care and the best possible outcomes.

Our patients value our approach of coordinating their care across a spectrum of specialists, which often includes those affiliated with competing hospital networks. Our focus remains consistently on our patients, their health, and their choices.

Additionally, we offer many services uncommon in most primary care clinics, including various skin surgeries, orthopedic joint injections, pain management, and psychiatric medication management. Among our offerings is a minimally invasive procedure proven effective in reducing migraine headaches.

Sound Clinical Medicine also services Labor and Industries occupational medicine patients, victims of motor vehicle accidents, and other personal injury patients. The clinic also offers certification for Commercial Driver's License exams.

Our objective is to serve all your primary healthcare needs and help coordinate your specialized care, irrespective of your hospital or specialty provider of choice throughout the region. We invite you to partner with us on your journey to optimum health, confident that your well-being is always our paramount concern at Sound Clinical Medicine.

bottom of page